Summer Expectations VS Reality
(You probably had big plans about the things you're going to do this summer vacation.)
You probably had big plans for your summer vacation. You've waited for too long. You deserve a fun and exciting break! Sadly, we don't always get the perfect summer we've planned. Here are some of the summer expectations we have and what really happens.
1. Expectation: Getting fit for your upcoming beach trip.
Ahhh, it's the season of swimsuits and sun kissed skin! Time to show off that summer bod!
Reality: Skipping your fitness plan.
There's no way you’re jogging under the heat of the sun
2. Expectation: Seeing cute boys who look so fresh despite the heat.
Reality: Sweaty guys are everywhere.
Never mind. This temperature makes everything look uncool.
3. Expectation Learning something new and exciting.
"Maybe this summer, I'll learn calligraphy. Or I can learn how to play the piano. You know what, ballet sounds fun, too!"
Reality: You catch up on sleep.
"Cut me some slack. I've had 10 months' worth of schoolwork. I deserve to sleep!"
4. Expectation: Going out with your friends almost every day.
Reality: You're stuck at home watching old episodes of FRIENDS.
Yes, you have friends this summer. All ten seasons.
5. Expectation: Going on a spontaneous trip with your family.
Reality: You have to plan weeks ahead for everything to go smoothly.
6. Expectation: Finishing your must-read book list that you've unwillingly set aside during the school year.
Reality: Reading one book on your list is already an achievement.
7. Expectation: Doing some advanced reading for your next academic year.
It's never too early to prepare for school!
Reality: You spend most of your summer in front of your laptop.
Textbook? More like Facebook... and Twitter and Instagram and YouTube. Yay!
8. Expectation: Posting cool Instagram photos with even cooler hashtags.
#thesummerdiaries #fitnessfriday #touchdownBahamas
Reality: Your hashtags are a little different in real life.
9. Expectation: Attending cool parties and concerts.
Nothing's going to stop you from seeing your favorite musical acts this summer vacation!
Reality: All the cool parties and concerts are either too far or too expensive.
10. Expectation: You finally meet the guy of your dreams at a summer trip.
Is this the start of a summer romance that could turn into a real life happy ending?
Reality: Yup, he's taken. Don't even bother.
Better luck next time, sweetheart. Maybe, next summer!